Healthy, vitamin rich and packed with omega-3 fatty acids, todays #FoodFriday fishburgers promise to be a real health boost!
What - Fishburgers
Why – Fish is high in many important nutrients, including high-quality protein, iodine, and various vitamins and minerals. Fatty varieties (sardines, herring, anchovies, salmon, trout, tuna, swordfish, mackerel) also pack omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. Eating fish twice a week lowers the risk of heart attacks, may boost brain health, may help to prevent and treat depression, and may help improve inflammatory conditions such as arthritis. So fish is a very healthy source of protein!
How – It takes about 15 minutes to prepare
When – Lunch or dinner
Who – Fish lovers
Energy (kcal) 290
Carbohydrates (g) 13
Protein (g) 27
Fat (g) 16
Saturated fat (g) 2
Fiber (g) 2
- 400 grams of fish fillet (salmon, tuna, cod, haddock, pangasius: whatever you like best!).
- handful of fresh herbs or your choice (for instance: chives, parsley / chili, ginger and coriander / oregano, rosemary, thyme)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 slices of old bread
- 4 tbs flour
- 3 tbs oil or butter
How to prepare?
- Puree the fish in a food processor.
- Chop the herbs and mix with the fish.
- Beat one egg with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the two slices of old bread
- Stir the egg, union and bread into the fish.
- Use your hands to make four burgers about 1.5 cm in thickness from the fish mixture. If the mixture is too wet, add some crumbled bread. If it’s too dry, add a few tablespoons of milk.
- Beat one egg with salt, pepper and paprika and crumble two slices of old bread. Stir the egg and bread into the fish. Use your hands to make four burgers of about 1.5 cm in thickness from the fish mixture.
- Dip all sides of all four burgers in the flour.
- Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan and fry the burger for about 10 minutes until they are cooked and brown. Turn occasionally.
- Serve as a hamburger or with rice or fries and a green salad.
- You can also use dries herbs instead of fresh
- Leave the fish burgers for 30 minutes in the fridge before you bake them. They become more firm then and easier to bake
- If you’re a lover of cheese, add some grated cheese in to the mixture